Bandalong Litter Trap
The proven solution for floatables control
Bandalong Litter TrapTM is designed to float in waterways in order to capture litter before it flows farther downstream by using the current to guide debris into the trap. This performance floatable control technology continuously operates 365 days a year without any mechanical assistance to capture floating litter. The Bandalong is a proven, cost-effective solution for floatables control and is the answer to the growing problem of litter in our waterways. The Bandalong Litter Trap is the ideal in-stream solution for floatables where combined sewer overflows are concerned. The Bandalong Litter Trap has been cleaning waterways in Australia and Asia for more than 18 years.
To read some customer testimonials about the Bandalong Litter Trap, click here.
- Small Trap is 5′ x 13′ with two (2) 10′ collection booms and weighs approximately 600 lbs.
- Large Trap is 13’x29′ with two (2) 10′ collection booms and weighs approximately 1000 lbs.
“Until the emergence of the Bandalong Litter Trap, a solution to the problem of litter from urban runoff had eluded the City and fellow Satilla River stakeholders. The Bandalong system was simple to install, requiring minimal stream buffer encroachment and no impact on the regulatory floodway, which made it economical to deploy. To date, it has performed without a glitch, providing a simple, low maintenance means of intercepting litter.” – Frank Baugh, P.E. City Engineer, Waycross, Georgia
Statistics and Construction
- Constructed of Aluminum and High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Pre-assembled offsite for efficient installation
- No nets or fencing underneath, fish and wildlife are unaffected by the traps
- Anchors keep the Bandalong Litter Trap stationary in waterways
- Manufactured in Cleveland, GA
- Requires 8” – 10” for flotation, but may temporarily sit in a dry area
- Works effectively with a flow rate of eight to ten feet of water per second, but can be designed to withstand higher flow rates
- Ideal for areas with current more than six feet wide.
- Effective in rivers, streams, creeks, lakes, drainage culverts with tidal basins, ports, harbors, marinas, etc.
- Rises and falls with water levels and is ideal for tidal reaches
- Litter that is caught in the trap will not be dislodged by wind, choppy currents or tides
- Custom signs, demonstrating anti-litter or clean water campaigns and sponsors are available for the top of the units
- May be fitted with the patented Mycelx filter to catch hydrocarbons
- May be equipped with flashing solar navigation lights powered with lifelong batteries
- One year warranty covers the aluminum and stainless components. HDPE booms and floats on the Bandalong Litter Trap carry a 10 year warranty on materials and workmanship.
- Bandalong Australia
- Litter Trap installed in Little Rock, Arkansas
- Bandalong Litter Trap installed in Waycross, Georgia
- Washington, DC installs first Bandalong Litter Trap
We can help clean the waterways around your town or business.